Wednesday, October 8, 2014

It's begun - 8 week body challenge 2014

Well, I am super stoked! I just compared my measurements from Monday 6th October 2014 to my last measurements from the 6 week body challenge on 29th November 2013.

I'll share all the measurements:
  • Weight decreased by 2 kilograms (2.17% drop).
  • Bicep fat% dropped 50%
  • Triceps fat% increased 8% (this one confused me)
  • Iliac fat% was unchanged (bloody love handles!)
  • Back fat% dropped 17.5%
  • Total Body Fat% dropped 25.8% (now under 20%!)
Interestingly, measurements of arms, chest and thighs didn't drastically reduce, suggesting better tone and muscularity?
  • Arm measurements dropped 1.3%
  • Waist measurement dropped 3.6%
  • Chest measurements dropped 3.6%
  • Thigh measurements dropped 1.6%
So to the program - a mixture of high intensity training using tri-set supersets with minimal (1 minute) rests between sets & 'regular' workouts, divided into upper and lower body. rest times more or less mirror my usual workouts. Every day involves some cardio, more on weekends where no workouts scheduled.

I must say, first 2 workouts which are high intensity but minimal rest were challenging. The 'trick' was finding the poundages to use that would make for a hard 12 or 15 rep set without being unable to complete 5 sets without hitting failure too quickly. I went pretty well, having to adjust poundages on workout 2 at around 4th set (of 5). The superset program is very time efficient but intense.

Nutrition plan easy to follow - with lots of information on swapping things and options. Interestingly, if anything, eating more than I normally would, especially breakfast and snacks.

Now I have a 'challenging' October - on Friday 10th I travel to Mount Panorama to watch V8 Supercar racing - a weekend of lots of beer, but a high protein diet (lots of BBQ meat). Then on Wednesday 22nd I travel to the Mornington Peninsula for a golfing trip away, again, similar diet to Bathurst. But the good news is that this is an 8 week challenge, so I have some time to recover.

Will update you again next week after my return from Bathurst.

No comments:

Post a Comment