Saturday, May 9, 2015

Hi Peeps,

Well, last week I bit the bullet and decided to start running again. I though that either my ankle will fail or blow up deluxe, in which case I will seek medical attention. Or, it will function OK and I might just have to endure some post-exercise grief.

Thankfully, it was the latter! I did 2 moderate runs (4.7 kilometres at average pace 5.49 min/km and 4.28 kilometres at average pace 5.46 min/km). Although the ankle was a little tender the day after run #1, it wasn't as bad after run #2. So, with that in mind, I will resume running again, still do 2 runs a week for next week, progress to either more runs OR longer distance.

City to Surf 2015 might be out of reach - is in August so might not be enough time to prepare. But Blackmores 9km Sydney Harbour Bridge run in September might be achievable. Unfortunately, my hopes of doing a half marathon this year are looking beyond me.

Apart from that, have maintained weight loss - well, I haven't actually weighed myself since end of January when I was 83.5kg. I may have put on a little since I hadn't run from January until last week, but would be maybe half a kilogram or so only.

Looking forward to next week and more running. Until then, talk to you later.

Cheers
Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment